Frankincense (Boswellia carteri) was considered more valuable than gold in ancient times. Frankincense has a sweet, warm, balsamic aroma that is stimulating and elevating to the mind.
Useful for visualizing, improving one’s spiritual connection, and centering, it has comforting properties that help focus the mind and overcome stress. Frankincense is considered the holy anointing oil in the Middle East, where it has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. It enriches spiritual bonds and helps us to find our core.
More recently, it has been used in European and American hospitals and is the subject of substantial research. Frankincense is also a valuable ingredient in skin care products for dry skin. The ancient Egyptians used it in rejuvenation face masks.
It is extremely versatile and useful:
- Perfect skincare for dry and aging skin
- Soothes sunburnt and scarred skin
- Supports all body systems
- Nourishing for bones and joints
- Helpful from head to toe
Ideas of using it:
- Diffuse in your meditation area for enhancing your spiritual connection.
- Diffuse in your home to help lift emotions for you and your family.
- Drop onto the skin to minimize or soothe scarring.
- Place a drop on cuts to reduce discomfort.
- Rub on gum, glue or adhesives to remove them from household surfaces (test small area first)
- Apply 1-2 drops of frankincense to the face and neck daily to renew healthy-looking skin.
- Massage several drops on the temples or back of the neck for stress relief.